Wednesday 7 August 2013

Scholarships



I figured that finding a picture would not make much difference for this post so I’ll let you think of it for yourself.

[Insert nice picture of lots of paperwork here (you may also use an annoying webpage form if you prefer)]

I’m sure you get the idea of what a scholarship form is going to look like so that’s not really the point of the post. The actual point is to let anyone going to university know that there are a lot of scholarships out there that are available, and not just for engineering courses. 

I would recommend that you apply for as many scholarships as you can however annoying the paperwork is! After all, a day or two’s work on a form isn’t too much when you could be receiving a fairly large bit of money. One word of warning though, make sure you are eligible for the scholarship before spending a day or two filling in the paperwork for it. I can tell everyone from experience that it’s not fun to find out you can’t receive the scholarship ten minutes after sending the main form off.

Many of the scholarships shouldn’t be hard to find, Schools/Colleges should know about some, some will be offered by your university and can usually be found on their website or you are contacted with information of them, UCAS sometimes contact you with some, and there are more that can be found by typing your course followed by the word scholarships into Google.

As mentioned in my last post, I had applied for a scholarship with the M6 Toll which I will not be receiving. I have also applied for another which is results based so I should find out on the 15th August; I’ll mention that again in another post though.

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions then just leave a comment and I’ll reply as soon as I can. 

Please like, comment, subscribe etc. And good luck to anyone awaiting results.

No comments:

Post a Comment